Get the best of both worlds! Craft a business concept you’re confident customers will pay for. Then launch a crowdfunding campaign and build the startup of your dreams.
WE KNOW! You have ideas that you want to pursue but you don’t know how. You’re stuck, unsure, and scared of what will happen if you take a chance on your dreams.
We also know: You have what it takes to be your own boss.
First… the bad news: You can’t make money with just an idea. Actually, you can’t go ANYWHERE with just an idea.
But.. here’s the good news: We’ve made you a path forward. FirstGear will help you turn your idea into a real business concept. You’ll get a solid understanding about your customers, competition, and position in the market. You’ll leave ready to make your idea happen.
And now...the best news: You don’t need a degree to learn this stuff. We've been through it all, and are still experiencing frustration. We filtered through the insane amount of info we learned from our 4-year entrepreneurship degree to teach what matters. Our course is BS free. You won’t spend your time learning theory. Instead, you’ll jump into the races and take action. We’re giving you key points that every entrepreneur needs to know.
Spoiler alert: you won’t learn this in school
What You’re About to Discover: FirstGear
- The FIVE traits every successful entrepreneur must have (and common traits that HOLD back even the brightest entrepreneurs)
- The SIX simple steps to launch and grow your idea
- How to turn your passions into profits, and avoid the dreaded 9-5
- Create multiple ideas for a viable business (or perfect an idea you already have).
- Figure out exactly who your target market is and where your customers are.
- How to do market research FAST & understand the in’s and out’s on your target market.
- Create your Customer Profile: The perfect tool to identify your perfect customer
- Discover your market position (and how to stand out in that market).
- How to deliver the most value to your customers
- How to use crowdfunding to get market validation & feedback from REAL customers.
- Create your Idea Blueprint: A super-effective way to piece together all aspects of your business
Module 1: Basics of how entrepreneurship works
Lesson 1: Do’s and Don’ts to be a Rockstar Entrepreneur
Lesson 2: Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs
Lesson 3: The Difference Between Opportunities & Ideas
Lesson 4: Customer Pains: Needs vs Wants
Lesson 5: 6 Step Entrepreneurship Process
Lesson 6: Language of Crowdfunding (work on!)
Lesson 7: Momentum Matters
Module 2: Passion
Lesson 1: Why Passion Matters
Lesson 2: Using your Passion to Find Business Opportunities
Lesson 3: Dangers of Passion, Common Biases, and How to Avoid Them
Lesson 4: Your Passion Profile
Module 3: Opportunity
Lesson 1: How Venture Concepts Emerge
Lesson 2: How to Find REAL Opportunities
Lesson 3: Opportunity Finder Hack: The Action Blueprint
Lesson 4: Opportunity Finder Hack: Pain List
Module 4: Polish Idea
Lesson 1: Analyzing your Opportunity
Lesson 2: Market Research
Lesson 3: Crafting the Perfect Idea
Module 5: Market
Lesson 1: Focusing on Delivering Value
Lesson 2: Defining Your Target Market
Lesson 3: Macro-Level Market Analysis
Lesson 4: Micro-Level Market Analysis
Lesson 5: Creating Your Customer Profile
Lesson 6: Good vs Bad Value Propositions
Lesson 7: Your Value Proposition
Module 6: Competition/Send-off
Lesson 1: Your Market Position
Lesson 2: Competitive Analysis & Competitive Matrix
Lesson 3: Putting the Pieces Together: The Idea Blueprint
Now… The Crowdfunding Incubator
Launch your campaign in just 4 weeks. Unlock our proven formula for success that takes the uncertainty out of crowdfunding. We’ll walk you through, every step of the way.
From day 1 to day 60, you’re never alone. Quick daily lessons & weekly checklists tell you exactly what to do & when to do it.
Continue to get daily and weekly nudges after you launch your campaign to pace funding and reach your goal.
No time? No Problem.
We’ve done the heavy lifting for you to make crowdfunding a breeze.
Get powerful tools that make crowdfunding easy
- 5 spreadsheet Network Ledger directs your marketing strategy
- 20+ email & social media templates save you hours of work
- 14 pages of guides & worksheets packed with valuable tips
- Daily checklists with simple walkthroughs that eliminate guesswork
- Feel more prepared for their startup journey
- Uncovered new strengths about themselves as an entrepreneur
- Discovered new insights about their ideas
- Are more driven to pursue their startup
But don’t just take our word for it...
“It explains concepts in layman terms... I found the course very helpful.” - Vy N.
“[SPURstartup] has been an integral champion in getting our startup on its feet.” - Ashton K.
“I never felt unsure or discouraged about continuing because SPURstartup was there every step of the way! Also, their encouragement and advice helped my idea evolve further as aspects I hadn’t thought of were brought to light.” - Tram-Anh L.
Maggie is the Co-Founder of SPURstartup